In the ever-evolving world of talent acquisition, organizations are on a perpetual quest for inventive ways to draw in, captivate, and retain top-tier candidates. Two cornerstones in this endeavor are skillful event orchestration and influential referral initiatives. These avenues widen the talent pool and foster genuine connections between employers and prospective hires.
Recently, Symphony Talent's experts reviewed the advantages of event management and the deployment of strategic referral programs and how they bolster your team’s talent acquisition efforts.
Watch the full, on-demand session:
The current talent market is shifting between various market trends. These trends impact your team's recruitment strategies and the technology needed to overcome obstacles. In the webinar, our experts reviewed the following market trends:
- Layoffs: Organizations have experienced layoffs, even in high-demand sectors like tech. This has created an unpredictable job market.
- Talent competition: There is fierce competition for available talent, with organizations vying for the same candidates.
- HR and TA burnout: HR and talent acquisition professionals are experiencing increasing stress due to the growing demands placed on them. They are expected to take on various roles, including sourcing, recruiting, marketing, and technology management.
- Technology overload: TA teams must now be technologists, handling various tools and technologies to manage recruitment processes effectively.
Given these market trends, organizations look to events and referrals as cornerstones of successful recruitment strategies to drive candidate engagement and foster strong relationships with candidates.
Employee referral programs are cost-effective, reduce hiring time, and result in longer tenure for referred candidates. They should focus on simplicity, employee engagement, nurturing, integration, and branding.
Events, especially virtual ones, offer the opportunity to engage with semi-passive candidates and should also follow the four key strategies of simplicity, nurturing, integration, and standing out. Use automation to streamline the process and track event success.
Begin to implement recruitment events and referrals into your talent acquisition strategies by following this simple four-step process:
- Keep It simple: Make registration and sign-up processes easy for both employees and referred contacts.
- Focus on nurture: Implement smart nurturing methods to move contacts through the recruitment funnel, reducing the workload on TA teams.
- Plug into your talent funnel: Integrate referrals and events seamlessly into your existing talent marketing activities and CRM for better results.
- Stand out: Maintain a strong employer brand presence in all interactions to attract and retain talent. Your brand is a powerful tool to attract candidates. Use it to differentiate your organization and communicate why it's an attractive place to work.
By applying these strategies, organizations can navigate the challenges of the current job market and optimize their recruitment efforts effectively.
Ready to learn more about optimizing your talent acquisition strategies to include events and referrals? Let’s talk!