High-volume hiring requires talent professionals to find the right person for the job at the right time and then multiply that process by dozens or even hundreds of open positions — often cycling this process throughout the year.
Hiring at this scale requires efficient processes and smart technology to support talent teams in their efforts. The good news is you can transform your high-volume hiring with the help of recruitment technology.
Addressing high-volume hiring challenges
Recruitment technology was invented to solve recruitment challenges and expedite the hiring process. But today’s talent professionals still struggle to leverage recruitment technology to solve high-volume hiring and use it as efficiently as possible to automate time-consuming, mundane or repetitive tasks.
High-volume hiring differs from ad-hoc recruitment in the number of open positions, messaging, and recruitment tactics deployed, yet the technology remains the same.
Whether you’re hiring for a niche position in manufacturing or a high-volume role in retail, your tech stack will look similar.
For example, the following recruitment technology can be leveraged to address high-volume hiring needs:
- CRM: A recruitment CRM not only helps talent teams manage their talent network, but it also helps to build targeted talent pipelines for job areas or roles. These talent pools can be nurtured through automated recruitment campaigns. You can leverage drip campaigns to send candidates content about the job over time and relevant information at regular intervals based on their interests or history, nurturing them through the entire talent journey and ensuring they are prepped when you're ready to hire at scale.
- Programmatic media: Programmatic media creates (and adjusts) campaigns based on pre-defined criteria, paving the way for flexible, self-optimizing media buying based on hiring spikes and high-volume needs.
- Recruitment events: Recruitment events allow talent teams to meet more people in person or virtually sooner. Hybrid recruitment events will enable teams to cast a wider net, seamlessly invite internal contacts from within the CRM, and reach new contacts with programmatic advertising within their recruitment marketing platform. Talent professionals also can qualify event participants, at scale, with skills-based assessments, credentials, and virtual interviews to associate with the event — keeping everything in place.
- Talent assessments: One of the most time-consuming recruitment processes is vetting candidates. That’s why talent assessments are a talent professional’s best friend. In a high-volume hiring scenario, talent teams must sift through hundreds, if not thousands, of hopeful candidates. With the support of objective, unbiased talent assessments and realistic simulations, talent teams can make more informed decisions faster with a comprehensive view of the candidate’s skills, behaviors, cognitive aptitudes, and more.
- On-demand interviews: On-demand interviewing (ODI) reduces wasted effort, ensuring that recruiters can quickly and easily screen applicants, pre-apply and qualify pipelines. That means marketing more open jobs to the right people in your database and more qualified applicants. Candidates complete the interviews at their convenience, and the ODI will auto-assign an initial score based on the keywords mentioned. Not only does this help alleviate scheduling challenges and volume concerns, but it also provides a unique, low-pressure opportunity for candidates to express interest and for talent teams to assess talent against core criteria.
- Talent analytics: A talent dashboard provides a view into recruitment marketing trends (e.g., clicks, views, applications, hires), as well as top and bottom performers for jobs, campaigns, and folders, and recommended action items based on that data. This is a game-changer for high-volume hiring. There is no need to weed through multiple systems, merge data, or try to decode what to do with that data. You can lean into suggested action items to automate your tasks and speed up hiring.
These recruitment solutions work together to automate tasks and enhance efficiency and effectiveness for talent teams while also personalizing the candidate experience at scale.
Ready to discover how your organization can elevate and automate your high-volume hiring strategy? Let’s talk!