A well-executed recruitment process ensures the right fit between candidates and organizations, leading to long-term success. Today, many organizations are turning to automation and technology to streamline their recruitment processes and attract and retain high-quality hires to address these challenges.
Symphony Talent’s Kara Polk, Program Director, Assessments, and Perry Steinberg, Chief Product Officer, delved deeper into the role data and automation play in streamlining processes, improving resource allocation, and driving greater results.
Watch the full, on-demand session:
- Understanding and taking action on evolving candidate expectations: Candidates now have higher expectations, and many of their preferences have changed in recent years. Factors like location, remote work opportunities, and a streamlined application process have become crucial considerations for job seekers.
A recent study revealed that candidates are likely to drop off if an application process takes more than 15 minutes. Talent teams must minimize friction and provide transparency throughout the hiring process, enabling candidates to “see” themselves working with the organization as early in the process as possible.
Building strong relationships with candidates has become even more important today than ever before, but doing so at scale, with support from purpose-built technology and smart automation, is nearly possible.
- Focusing on strategic automation: Strategic automation plays a vital role in streamlining recruitment processes. By leveraging technology and automation, recruiters can focus on building relationships with candidates and providing a personalized experience. Automation can handle repetitive tasks like scheduling interviews, sending emails, and conducting initial screenings. It allows recruiters to more effectively gather data, make data-driven decisions, and prioritize candidate selection.
- Activating smart automation without losing human interaction: While automation is crucial, it should not replace human interaction entirely. Striking a balance between automation and personal touch is essential for creating a relational hiring experience. Candidates value transparency and clear communication throughout the process. Incorporating talent assessments and on-demand interviews within the process, as well as leveraging a CRM to manage and engage with candidates enhances the experience for both talent professionals and the candidates they engage with, promoting even stronger relationships.
- Gathering unbiased candidate data via talent assessments: Talent assessments offer significant value in the recruitment process. They provide an unbiased and objective way to measure a candidate's skills, aptitudes, and behaviors relevant to the job. Organizations can reduce biases, improve diversity, and make informed decisions by incorporating talent assessments into the hiring process. Assessments also help predict future job performance, contributing to better organizational performance.
- Looking beyond initial hire to internal talent mobility and career development: Internal talent mobility and career development are critical for organizations to retain and upskill their existing workforce. By leveraging AI/machine learning and a data-rich CRM, organizations can identify skill gaps, develop their employees, and align their future talent needs. Encouraging continuous learning and growth within the organization improves employee engagement and reduces turnover.
Ready to dig in even deeper and explore how your organization can enhance its candidate experience, remove bias, improve diversity, and make data-driven hiring decisions? Let’s talk!